Friday, April 15

Procrastinator, Alligator

So, I haven't been the best bloggist of late. But, lest my blog feel sad and unappreciated, I haven't been the best anything of late. Student, teacher, person in the world... (that last one may be a bit harsh, but three is always a nice round number for lists). But, today I have several things to be thrilled about:

1.) I got my SP yesterday, which also means my SP got me, and as much as I'd love to say that I'm looking forward to the Knitty SP4 because I love spoiling other people (which is absolutely true. I adore buying/making gifts for people and putting together cute little packages), it's pretty exciting to know that I will probably be spoiled as well.

2.) I started
Lelah the other day, and while it was not necessarily fun casting on 150+ stitches (several times, because I'm lousy at estimating yarn length for cast-ons), I think it will be a quick and easy knit. And it will result in a killer top for me.

3.) My NEW ADDIS arrived! (Remember what I said previously about excalmation points and all-caps.) I now totally get why other knitters are always preparing burnt offerings for the Temple of Addi Skacel.

4.) I can now cast on for my
minisweater. (I was merely waiting for the German needles to arrive before beginning my ex-pat-living-in Germany-designed garment.)

5.) Hubs and I are going to NY tomorrow to see Dave Holland. Who is awesome.

6.) I am about two seconds away from being a real PhD candidate. Once my prospectus has been approved, it will be smooooooth sailing. (Although, before that can happen, I have to finish revising the damn thing. Procrastination--it's my forte.)


So, last night my band had a gig, and while I didn't have any smashing new knitted duds to wear, we did perform amidst dinosaur bones (triceratops skulls a-plenty) and full-fledged dinosaur skeletons. Which isn't something one gets to do everyday. (Seriously, I'm not even joking about the dinosaurs...)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Your SP said...

Probably? Oh no, you'll definitely be spoiled.

11:55 AM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger amylovie said...

Ooooh...I love Lelah!

I've burned all of my crappy bamboo circulars to pay homage in the Temple of Addi.

Have a great weekend,
Amy

4:03 PM, April 15, 2005  
Anonymous christine said...

Make sure you send me a pic of Lelah for my gallery!

11:33 AM, April 16, 2005  
Anonymous christine said...

Oh yeah, here's how I estimate yarn for casting on.. I wrap it around the needle as many times as the cast on calls for and then I might give it another inch for good measure. Obviously, this is a pain in the ass when you have to cast on say 200 stitches, so I'll wrap 100 times and then just hold the strand and measure out another 100 (instead of wrapping)
What band are you in? That show sounded like FUN!!!!!

11:36 AM, April 16, 2005  
Anonymous Becky said...

Ahhh...you have discovered the joys of Addis. I feel like insuring mine, they're so valuable to me. Once when I went to the States to visit the fam one of my suitcases got misplaced and all I could think was, "half my collection of Addis are in it!"

5:18 PM, April 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home