Friday, May 6

For your viewing/oohing pleasure...

...I proudly present real-live, finished, knitted objects. In their natural habitat. (I suppose if you're feeling cranky or disgruntled, it would be for your eww-ing pleasure. Or your boo-ing pleasure. Or if you are a cow, for your moo-ing pleasure. Seriously, I could come up with a million of these...)

OK, enough play-on-wordsplays (even though I love it. It's kind of sick. If you are Hansel and/or Gretel, for your strewing pleasure. See, I can't quit...). Let's get to the objets d'art du jour.

2005_0504Image0007 2005_0504Image0008

This bizzaro neck-warmer thingy started life as a self-designed stole (I think?) for my Momma for M-Day, but things weren't working out. I abondoned the plan, but liked the variety of stitches I had created, and thought they would look cute propping up my head and juxtaposed against pearly buttons. Plus, you can wear it from two (count em') different angles. Wacky.

Oh, in case you were wondering about the specs on the above project, it's made with about half a skein of Classic Elite Miracle, which is sinfully soft but kind of sheddy.

(...If you're throwing a party in the 70s, for your fondue-ing pleasure. If you're making another unneccessary trip to the LYS, for your stash accruing pleasure....)

The second item is much closer to my heart. Literally. It actually covers my heart instead of hovering above it like weirdo collar. It's my boobholder, and it holds my boobs quite professionally. You'll hear no complaints from me.

2005_0504Image0012

(...If you're pouting in a corner, for your stewing pleasure...)

2005_0504Image0011

I swear I don't usually look so crazed and/or caught in the headlights. The minisweater must be going to my head. I made this baby with Patons Classic Worsted in Royal Purple and Burgundy. I'm quite fond of the button. And the buttonhole. It was the first time I've ever made a buttonhole. I tell you, the things that float my boat. (...If you're washing your hair, for your shampooing pleasure...) Inexplicably the sleeves turned out streamlined despite the fact that I actually wanted the puffy sleeved version. I didn't attempt to squash the poor sleeves as others have done. And yet, they don't look that puffy. Curious.

(...If you regret ever having checked out my blog, for your rueing pleasure...)

6 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Your knits look great! Love the little neck warmer thingy - very pretty. And your boobholder rocks - love the stripes.

2:26 PM, May 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God, you look FAN-TAS-TIC !!

2:45 PM, May 06, 2005  
Blogger amylovie said...

Your victorian looking neck thingee is lovely. Definitely a conversation piece.

I soooo want the Boobholder (#105 on "things to knit")

Have a great weekend,
Amy

3:11 PM, May 06, 2005  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yeah, I'm digging the stripes. You can handle it though, being over 6' tall and all...(lovely neck thingy, too!)

4:06 PM, May 06, 2005  
Anonymous Becky said...

That is the first striped boobholder I've ever seen, and it is AWESOME. The neckwarmer, of course, totally floats my boat. It looks delicate and edgy at the same time; totally takes the place of any neck jewelry anyone could wear. To quote my little bro: "Rawk!" :-)

5:10 PM, May 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, you're over 6'?!!? WOW! Your boobieholder came out really cute!!! Nice job with the stripes :)


I just did one too, but I don't have FO pics of it up yet...


-Lara
http://knit.vibegrrl.com

1:19 AM, May 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home