Tuesday, May 17

*sputter*

No words.

I have no words to express the amazement and excitement and utter gratification my SP has caused.

No words.

I knew to expect a package sometime this week, so when the doorbell rang at noon-time (otherwise known as mail-time) today, I sprinted down the stairs, threw open the door, and had to stop myself from squealing when I saw a big box on the doorstep.

Exhibit A:
2005_0517Image0001
(If you look really closely, you can probably discern a hint of my impending amazement.)

Then I opened the box.

*gasp*

I have the most generous, fantastic, clairvoyant, incredible. . . seriously, not enough words in the English language to express how great my SP is. I'm not usually so gush-y but, well, if you had received a parcel like I got today, you'd be a puddle of goop, too.

2005_0517Image0003

Here are all the sordid details:
* a beautiful postcard of her homeland (can I come visit you someday? All this scenery you keep sending me is stunning.)
* a cute little pot of herbes de provence--I can't wait to cook something with them
* an adorable little bar of French Verbena and Lemon bath soap, which made all the parcel's contents smell fresh and lovely
* chocolate fondue lip gloss which smells divine; I'm afraid my husband will never stop kissing me, now. Even worse, I'm afraid that, by the end of the week, I may be discovered huddled in a corner, shivering, trying to suck out the last drops of lip gloss.
* Sarah Dallas' Vintage Knits, which I adore and which I have longingly skimmed many times at the bookstore
* 2 skeins of Knitpicks Andean Treasure in Embers, a beautiful brick red. 100% baby alpaca. That's what I'm talking about. How did my SP know that I've been dreaming about baby alpaca lately?
* and, perhaps the best (I know...there's more?!), 5 balls of Peruvian Collection Baby Cashmere in the most gorgeous deep purple color. Does my SP have a camera set up in my house? Did she know that just this morning I was petting my computer screen and resigning myself to the fact that this very yarn would simply have to remain a pipe dream for me right now? *Is she psychic?*

Thank you so much, Amanda (yes, I know my SP's name, but that's all I know). Speechless. You have left me speechless. It's a good thing that fondling yarn does not require any linguistic prowess.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Amanda the SP said...

Now I'm going to be smiling all afternoon! I'm so happy you like everything. :)

1:12 PM, May 17, 2005  
Blogger Tony said...

I like lipgloss too. Smell my lips

1:54 PM, May 17, 2005  
Blogger amylovie said...

What a lucky girl you are!

Amy

2:04 PM, May 17, 2005  
Anonymous Becky said...

WOW! That is quite a gift. I'd be diving into that box headfirst!

Any thoughts on what you'd like to knit from that Vintage Knits? I've got the book myself and like quite a few of the projects from there. I've even got stash yarn for them!

10:59 AM, May 18, 2005  
Anonymous christine said...

You got wicked SPOILED!!!!!!!! Wow! What a great pal!
I love that sarah dalles book! I have it too. Hello lacy camisole!
I can't wait for sp5 to start so I can lavish some love on some unsuspecting knitress!

1:10 PM, May 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home