Thursday, June 23

10 Reasons Why My New Job Is The Greatest

Oh, right. Before I go all Letterman on you, I guess I should mention: I'm working in a yarn shop! I'm working in a yarn shop!

Have happier words ever been spoken? Or typed?

And it's just the darling-est little yarn shop, too. See?
yarnllc1 yarnllc2

Anyway, in no particular order, here are the ten greatest things about peddling yarn:
1. Obviously, I get to be surrounded by all manner of beautiful yarn for hours at a time.
2. And I get to pet and fondle said yarn for hours at a time.
3. I could even lick it if I wanted. (Although, I'd have to wait until all the customers were gone.)
4. I get paid for petting/fondling/licking/mentally undressing all the gorgeous yarns surrounding me.
5. I get to meet and socialize with other knitters. I've never had any knitting friends.
6. I get a discount on everything in the store. EVERYTHING.
7. Yarn shop work never gets boring or tedious like office temp work. Or degrading and tiring like food-sevice work. Or smelly like circus work.
8. I get to teach and help other knitters when their knitting goes awry. (Short anecdote: Yesterday, which was my first day, I was starting to learn the ropes with another employee. A woman came in with poncho troubles, apart from the fact that she was knitting a poncho, but we'll talk about that another day. Since my co-worker was already busy unravelling another customer's knitting, I offered to help this lady. And I was actually able to diagnose and solve her problem and she was so friendly and grateful. I had worried that I wouldn't be a good enough knitter to help anyone, so it really felt wonderful to be able fix this chic's mishap. If not her fashion sense.)
9. I get to spend my downtime in the store knitting.
10. I get to spend my downtime in the store knitting projects to be displayed in the store with FREE yarn from the store. (And that, my friends, is truly the greatest benefit. Who's gonna argue with free yarn?)

12 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

The store looks beautiful. Lucky girl!

11:11 AM, June 23, 2005  
Blogger Jaws said...

I wish I had the patients to sit and do that. Looks like fun.

11:18 AM, June 23, 2005  
Blogger Terby said...

Ooh. I'm JEALOUS. Of course, I think every penny I earned would go back to the store...

11:34 AM, June 23, 2005  
Blogger Crew Koos said...

I m not black like Barry White, but i am white like Franck Black is !!

Don't forget to Check out:

http://www.crewkoos.blogspot.com

11:40 AM, June 23, 2005  
Anonymous Steph said...

oh what a dream job!

12:42 PM, June 23, 2005  
Blogger Christie said...

Nice...

3:41 PM, June 23, 2005  
Anonymous janine said...

Sounds like heaven!

3:51 AM, June 24, 2005  
Anonymous your SP said...

Ahh, that's so exciting! Congratulations, you lucky girl!

Of course I KNEW they were going to hire you. Who can say no to intarsia penguins?

5:14 PM, June 24, 2005  
Anonymous Becky said...

Okay, I'm officially jealous. But I'm happy for you, too :-)

P.S. I swear, if I could I'd work at my LYS just for the discount. All that yarn! On discount! Ahhhh!

7:38 AM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger carrie said...

sounds like a dream come true! so happy for you. please keep posting gratuitous yarn shots!

10:22 PM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Ashbloem said...

Hey! What store is this?

Looks like one I know.

2:49 PM, June 27, 2005  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Hey! That looks like Yarn in New Haven, CT! Is it?

If so, I love that shop, the people are sooo friendly - you are a lucky gal to work in such a super environment!

Of course, even if it's not that shop, you are a lucky gal! Nice job on Lelah, by the by...

3:52 PM, June 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home