Tuesday, January 17

Shorts in a twist

I am a mess of indecision. So what if I have several projects on the needles at the moment and further so whats if I don't feel like working on any of them right this moment? Who's going to stop me from my knitting daydreams? The misty thoughts of perfect, beautiful knitted garments, when they aren't keeping me restless and awake at night, lull me gently into slumberland. No project ever looks as wonderful as those projects you're just dying to make.

Am I right?

This is how I felt about Wendy's fabulous Somewhat Cowl. (I still adore this sweater, or perhaps more accurately, the little sexpot I imagine it will make me. But, whoa nelly, that's a talented sweater that can make sexpots of mere mortals, and all the props for that magical feat of designing belong solely to Wendy.) Unfortunately, the progress on this came to a screeching halt during my Christmas vacation, when I heartlessly cast it aside for a more gratifying (read: quicker) scarf for the Mr.

I also expereinced these feelings of devotion with that ever-so-popular Apricot Jacket from Rebecca. The you're-so-f'ing-close-to-the-shoulder-shaping-why-won't-you-just-finish-me-already back of this piece has been languishing in my knitting basket since, oh, October. Christmas knitting took precedence.

And now. Now. Despite the fact that I could be working on either of these projects, or that wonderful Silk Corset by Annie Modesitt for which I have both yarn and pattern, or any of the other projects I have earmarked/considered for any of the other numerous yarns I have, I dream.

I dream of this, and this. And this.
And don't forget this.

Sigh.

What's a girl to do? Certainly not post more frequently...

(Pictures of my WIPs soon. Maybe that'll be enough to guilt me into finishing what I start. Didn't my parents raise me any better? Honestly.)

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Whoa!! I hadn't seen Wendy's new design. I don't blame you for wanting to drop everything.

Amy

8:21 AM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Christie said...

Isn't butterfly the most? I want to make one too. My sister made Angelina, which is super, super pretty...only know she curses at the mention of 2x2 rib. The end result is so worth it!

9:23 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Wendy said...

well, you do need to complete that somewhat cowl someday. I've seen you in pictures. You will be a sexpot (albeit a modest-yet-so-so-chic sexpot).

And the silk corset: I've knit it twice. I did the knitty gritty with Annie awhile back. That thing, oy, it kept me on my toes.

8:09 PM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home