Wednesday, February 1

New inspirations

As I'm sure you all know, there has recently exploded in knit-blog land a rash of fair-isle knitting fever. Not that I'm accusing any of these lovely knitters of being sheep or anything. Seriously. (Besides, can you really accuse anyone of jumping on a centuries-old bandwagon?) Mostly, I just think it's slightly strange and incredibly cool how a huge network of knitters, many known to each other only through the magic that is the internets, can influence and inspire and encourage and teach each other. But enough on that front. You all don't need any convincing about knit-blogging, I presume...

So anyway, fair-isle. Well, thanks to Eunny's excellent recent series on steeks and fair isle, as well as her pattern-writing genius, I will soon be knitting this:
vest
Or attempting to. Many knitters are scared at the thought of slicing up their knitted works, but I have to admit I find the prospect strangely thrilling. (I always loved making those fold-and-cut snowflakes back in elementary school, too.) Plus, steeking and fair-isling will be a new skill for me (not counting that pitiful little penguin experiment I did once), and I love learning new things about knitting.

Not to mention that this is just one hell of a sexy vest.

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Wow, that is a cute vest. I like to do Fair Isle, but I've never steeked. I'll look forward to seeing what you think of the process.

Amy

9:37 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Christie said...

I love that vest! Argyle is on my list of must knits for the spring season.

3:00 PM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home