Monday, February 27

Surprise!

Who doesn't love surprises? This is the coolest sweater. It reminds me of a sweater I had in high school and college. I got it for something like $2 at the thrift store, and I called it, variously, my "Ugly Sweater" or my "Librarian Sweater." Because, well, it was kind of ugly and looked like something a librarian from the 70s would have worn with her dismal, tweed skirt, sensible shoes, face-pulling bun, and sour expression. But it was ugly in that cool way, you know, by which I mean the way in which kids who try to be different and unique because they are a little bit out there (or think they are) think that ugly is the new cool? I think this is a phenomenon that spans space and time. Anyway, that sweater was super cozy, if an aesthetic eyesore. And this sweater reminds me of it, except 10 times better.

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Is it on your "must knit" list now?

Amy

8:04 AM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Christie said...

I'm totally diggin' this sweater too! I have the perfect shoes for the 'sexy librarian' look too! MUST KNIT NOW!!!

12:09 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I know! I keep wondering if this will suit me at all. I think you should make one and tell us how it fits you. :) ha!

8:24 PM, March 05, 2006  
Blogger yahaira said...

Im dieing to here what happened with the cowl sweater and if you're knitting starky or not.

11:25 PM, March 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home