Monday, March 27

Absence makes the heart...do something...

Yes, I've been a bad, bad blogger. It's because I've been knitting, right? Instead of blogging I've been knitting and knitting? Right? Um...

Writing a dissertation (or, at least, trying to) can really suck your soul away.

Anyway, here's the deal (wait for it...) There is an FO. She is awaiting her close-up, Mr. DeVille. And in honor of my first blogiversary (which is tomorrow--does that mean cake?), she will be unveiled.

Meanwhile, my next project is actually giving me pause. Can you believe it? (This is not to say that I don't have ideas, or even that I don't currently have projects on the needles, but just that I can't make up my damn mind.) All I know is that I have a couple of precious hours most nights to squeeze in a bit o' knitting (while watching our new favorite, 24--I know, I'm late to the party there), and I have nothing to do with my hands except clutch the edge of my seat.

corset thujaBEAUTY retro
leafsocks apricot forecast
trellisscarf vest 100_0165
(That last picture is my own little design. I've been wanting to unleash my inner Marc Jacobs for some time now, but I haven't had the cojones to do it, yet.)

See what I mean? Too many options, too many options. Including socks, which may not come as a surpise to those sock-crazed knitters among us ("Of course she wants to make socks. Who doesn't want to make socks? Everyone must make socks. Resistance is futile."), but I have, until recently, staunchly professed my utter lack of desire to knit socks. (Well, staunchly professed in secret. Sock knitters can be scary.) Recently, though, I've been getting the itch. It all started with those Embossed Leaves Socks from the Winter IK. They sent my heart a-flutter. At any rate, I think I actually have yarn for all of these projects (some of them *cough, Apricot Jacket* I've even, maybe, started). What's a girl to do, except perhaps vacillate some more?

4 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

socks, they will get you!
glad you're back and can't wait to see your new fo.
how about socks and your own design?

1:12 PM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Christie said...

Y'know, I'm still not on the sock bandwagon. One of these days, but no time soon.

Apricot...mmmm...I just got my yarn [which I should have spent $$$ on, but couldn't resist the deal] and am just waiting for it to come home to mama. What color is your sweater that you may or may not have started? Mines gonna be lavendar...hee hee hee...excitement abounds!

2:58 PM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

all your choices are lovely - and I'm looking forward to seeing your own design take shape. It looks very cool!

6:20 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger evergreenknits said...

I love your own design idea! If you don't feel quiiiite up to going through the design process yourself, why not submit it to glampyre's guest designer contest?

6:19 PM, April 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home